photo about_zps64129397.png photo lovestory_zpsf2d661db.png photo FAQ_zps13d72d35.png photo DIY_zpsd427438c.png photo fashion_zps03e55e29.png photo food_zps59fe299b.png photo contact_zpsc08b3980.png

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

STILL MARRIED LONGER THAN KIM KARDASHIAN


Well I meant to write a post on Monday about Spencer and I's anniversary which was Sunday, but ya know... Netflix and stuff really get in the way. Spencer and I decided that we would switch off years planning our anniversary and this year it was my turn. If you know me, you know that when I plan something, I don't like straying from the plan too much. Mostly because I get excited and put a lot of effort into my plans and when they fall through it makes me feel like a failure. Perfectionist problems. So I was already a little frustrated that we got out the door late and didn't get to Lagoon until around 3pm. The kicker was... Spencer's bike helmet is expensive and we road the motorcycle up there and unfortunately all the big lockers at Lagoon were taken. I was a little furious and he bounced ideas off about driving back to Salt Lake or driving to Kaysville and leaving the helmet at my sisters. Both options would set us back about 30min and it was already getting late (oh and did I mention I made dinner reservations at 8pm at Alamexo). I had a stage 5 meltdown. Mostly because I didn't want him to bring his bike in the first place, and now all my carefully thought out plans had been ruined. Here is a prime example of what I was talking about in the anniversary Instagram post on Sunday. It's just one of the many ways Spencer and I are different. When I was tearing up about my ruined plans and blaming him for sleeping in and riding the bike, he said "Who care if our plans are ruined. It's our anniversary. We can do whatever we want." He might as well have just Spartan kicked me, 300 style!


But in Spencer's mind, it really wasn't a big deal. He can just fly by the seat of his pants. Plans be damned!!! All blasphemy to me. Long story short, we found a campground next door that said we could leave our helmets with them. In the end we didn't make it to dinner, and Spencer wanted to leave early to go back to the hotel to go hot tubing, which means I missed out on the Rocket and Samari, but marriage is a compromise. We stayed at the very hip Hotel Monaco downtown, which actually doesn't have a pool or a hot tub but that's why I had already done my research on the Hilton Hotel next door. After swimming at the Hilton, we went and got Zero. Our hotel allows dogs so we couldn't pass up the chance to bring her along. Both Spencer and I love staying in hotels. There is just something so magical about a bed that hundreds of people have already slept in that cost way too much money for just a place to rest your head and watch cheap cable. Although we never made it to Alamexo, we did make a late night Sonic run and I finally got that garlic cheese hot dog that I had mentioned on Facebook had been taunting me in the ads. And guess what guys... it wasn't half bad! Seriously. I ate pretty much all of it.     

The one thing I hate about hotels is that the checkout time is always at an ungodly hour, but because Spencer's mission president was having his homecoming at 11am, we had to wake up even earlier than that! Which I can't complain too much about because they had the most amazing spread, including Texas Roadhouse rolls and I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in bread and cheese. To top off our night we drove back home, took a family nap with the beast, got Sonic drinks to wake us up again then... I can't remember but it probably consisted of walking The Walrus and then TV time on the couch. Hopefully one day we can make it back to Alamexo, but I know this weekend we learned, or re-learned, some valuable things about each other: I live for plans, and Spencer thinks it's no big deal do his own thing. That's just one of those things in marriage you just have to be aware of with your partner and take into consideration when you're together. We have learned a lot these last 2 years, and hopefully will continue to learn and grow more.  

And shocker... all the pictures from this weekend are only of Zero. 

^ Don't worry, she got some too. 
^The car ride back home after spending the day playing in Grandma and Grandpa's garden.
 ^Family naps. Oh I could just squeeeeze that face! 


 photo Siggy2_zps990caef6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment