photo about_zps64129397.png photo lovestory_zpsf2d661db.png photo FAQ_zps13d72d35.png photo DIY_zpsd427438c.png photo fashion_zps03e55e29.png photo food_zps59fe299b.png photo contact_zpsc08b3980.png

Monday, March 10, 2014

DIY TILE COASTERS



I've had these white tiles from Lowes for a while and have been using them as coasters. The other day I decided I wanted to jazz them up a little. The last time I did a coaster DIY I Mod Podged Instagram pictures to them. This time I decided to use my favorite Rustoleum gold spray paint that I've used for several other DIY's around the house. Seriously guys this stuff is thick and for most of my projects I've only had to do one coat. 

Supplies: 
1. Plain white tiles (15 cents each at Lowes)
2. Tape
3. Spray paint
4. Mod podge 

Step 1: Tape off the design you want. I used washi tape because it was the thinnest tape I had and I wanted thin lines.
Step 2: Spray it up baby! 

Step 3: Peel off tape. If you use the spray paint I used, you are in luck because this stuff dries faster than you can go to Sonic and get a Dirty Dr. Pepper. 
Step 4: So Mod Podge has a spray sealer. I know you are suppose to use like 3 coats but after one I was still able to scratch the paint off. For the other tiles I used like 3 coats of both the spray and the paste but this time I just skipped the spray because I felt like the original does such a great job that I didn't even need both (*I would still use both if you're doing the picture coasters). I did about 2 coats but you can do more to be safe. This not only keeps the paint from chipping, but it protects it from any liquid that you will set on it. Be warned, the Mod Podge will seal anything in its path. If you look closely I have little hairs and pieces of lint sealed smoothly onto my tiles. Live and learn! 

Step 5: Last but not least, apply felt circles on the bottom of the coasters and voila! Fancy coasters for everyone! And yes... I also used that same spray paint to jazz up some dollar store dinosaurs. 

 photo Siggy2_zps990caef6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment