photo about_zps64129397.png photo lovestory_zpsf2d661db.png photo FAQ_zps13d72d35.png photo DIY_zpsd427438c.png photo fashion_zps03e55e29.png photo food_zps59fe299b.png photo contact_zpsc08b3980.png

Friday, November 16, 2012

this is not a cooking blog... right?

I realized that my blog has been all food lately! What the heck! I'm not a cook! I'm more into fashion then I am into cooking. Why is this looking more like a cooking blog than a fashion blog (even though it's neither)? So in order to switch things up every once and a while (since Spencer and I never take pictures) I thought I would throw in a mirror-picture outfit post:

Pants and shirt: Forever21. Necklace: Ebay. Shoes Urbanog.com.

I have to say, I'm a sucker for the top not hair these days. Spencer is so befuddled by the bun craze that's going around and thinks it's just females being lazy, but I can't wait to throw my hair up in a bun the minute I get off work.

So back to clothes. Since I've been married, there are a few pieces of clothing I've had to alter to make them modest. Here is a dress I got at Pac Sun for $10. Loves it, but there really was no way to wear it with my special Mormon underwear haha. So, I made it into a skirt! And by made I mean cut! :) I think I'm going to save the top as a swimsuit top cover-up.



And now for the food. Pinterest hits only this week (yessss): 

Cripsy Parmesan Garlic Edamame


This was a MEGA hit for me. I've always loved edamame but this took it to a new level. I didn't use finally shredded parmesan like the recipe called for, but it was just as good! It's a good popcorn alternative. I almost wish it was more crunchy, but I'm sure you could just stick it under the broiler for a bit. Recipe here.


I also made some Chocolate Chip Cookies. Not super exciting, but I had all the necessary ingredients so I thought, why not. This is one of my favorite recipes. When they came out of the oven I had two! You heard me... two! For those of you who know me, this is a big deal. I've never been much of a sweets person. The key is you under cook them, and then let them cook the rest of the way on the hot baking sheet on top of your oven. This way they stay soft... even days later. Recipe here. 
However I've been curious to try this recipe here. I've heard it's the best but there are several ingredients in it that I don't own. One day. 


ODDS & ENDS

Meanwhile... still at the Hansen house:
Week and 1/2 later and he still hasn't moved. 


Well folks... I said you'd never get me back in there again! But I'm back at plasma. I decided that I needed to pay for my hair extensions on my own because $300 was just a lot to take out of our budget all at once. Only 4 more weeks to go!


Spencer was telling me a story about an annoying, nerdy, fat Asian that was in line with him at the Halo midnight game thingy. This was his impersonation. Pretty spot on I think.


For those of you who don't know, I have a cat. Her name is Kitty Magoo and she is my baby! Sadly she now lives with my parents because I can't have her at my apartment but...

I'm now obsessed with Persian cats! Haha they are so ugly that they are cute! They are straight out of a cartoon! My dream is to one day own one (after I get my bulldog of course). 


And some more Spencer embarrassment... Spencer would not stop listening to the Halo 4 soundtrack and so I put a basket on his head... but obviously it didn't faze him.  



And lastly, tonight we are going to a friends wedding, ice skating, and then to the Bijou Market!! I'm so excited. This is Provo's legendary homemade and vintage fair/boutique! Spence is going to have to keep his wallet close. Everyone go!




4 comments:

  1. our apt doesn't allow pets either, BUT you just need a doctor's note stating that your pet will help you with your mental health SO your landlord can not, not allow you to have pets in your apt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop being so pretty please. It makes me jealous.

    ReplyDelete