photo about_zps64129397.png photo lovestory_zpsf2d661db.png photo FAQ_zps13d72d35.png photo DIY_zpsd427438c.png photo fashion_zps03e55e29.png photo food_zps59fe299b.png photo contact_zpsc08b3980.png

Monday, November 19, 2012

christmas list

I'm all for celebrating holidays in order and giving them their individual attention, but yesterday we put up the Christmas tree. I only did this because it was in pieces on our balcony and the rain was drenching it so I had to bring it inside. Spencer and I were blessed enough to have someone give us their old fake Christmas tree this year and although I've always been an advocate of real trees because of the smell, I don't think we are allowed to have them in our apartment (fire hazard), and hey, it's free. I'll just have to get a pine scented candle to make up for it.  

I hope all of you are making your Christmas list to Santa! I know I am. Here are a few of the things on my "gotta have it" list (sorry Thanksgiving):


Cute rain boots!


Coconut Body Butter!

Hair Chalk: In the past I have colored my ends using the Kool-aid method, but I think hair chalk would be a lot easier. It's a great way for some non-permanent change. 
 


A UV Gel Nail Light: seriously ladies if you are in love with gel/shellac nails, you could probably save a lot of money by investing in one of these. Of course you aren't going to get the cute little designs (unless you are talented like that) but at least you wont have to be completely helpless while you wait for your nails to dry. This purchase I am still pending on as I recently found out there is a hair school by my house that does them for $10 which is 50% less than what the Asians were charging me (although I'm sure the Asians do a higher quality job). The lower watt machines are between $20-$30 (higher watt it around $80) and at Wal-mart the nail polish is around $10 a bottle. 


Fake Bake: I've heard wonders about this stuff. Amber Fillerup from http://www.barefootblonde.com/ is a religious self-tanner user and swears by it. I've also read a ton of great reviews on how natural it looks. I hate being white in the winter, but I don't like going indoor tanning unless it's an emergency. Can't wait to try this stuff!  

When my mom asked me what we wanted from them, I sent here some picture of the future balcony I am planning to have and asked if her and my dad could make one or more of the items I wanted so we didn't have to spend money on patio furniture. I'll post those later this week. 





4 comments:

  1. ooh I've seen that hair chalk before & like it. when you get it we can have a slumber party and use it. perfect. can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes! And if Summer-girl has any little hairs sprouting she can join in too!

      Delete
  2. kool aid hair! How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just add a package of the Kool aid and a cup to 2 cups of water (depending on how strong you want the color. Then bring it to a boil, and when it cools a little dip you ends in (or one strand if you are doing a streak) and soak for about 5 minutes (or longer if you want a really bright color). Then just dry and voila!

      Delete