photo about_zps64129397.png photo lovestory_zpsf2d661db.png photo FAQ_zps13d72d35.png photo DIY_zpsd427438c.png photo fashion_zps03e55e29.png photo food_zps59fe299b.png photo contact_zpsc08b3980.png

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

i guess i'm graduating...

My daily Sonic run

So I have a million things I want to blog about but i have been so busy doing 2 online classes in 2 weeks so that I can graduate in a few weeks here. Can we say procrastinator??? I am super excited to graduate though because I HATE school and homework and everything that comes with it. I'd rather be at a job I love making $$$$. Don't get me wrong, I love the college social life, but not the academic part. In fact, I don't get what all the hype is about graduation. My Dad called the other day asking about the ceremony which I never planned on going to. At BYU you have the 1st day where everyone who is graduating walks and they call your name, and than the 2nd day it is just your major that gets together and they call you name and you get your actual diploma. I am planning on going to the 2nd day (although I could care less about that too) but the fist day... really? Why would I want to sit through 5,000+ names? I can think of a better way to spend my day... like eating, or in bed.
And grad announcements? FORGET IT. I didn't send them out in high school and I'm not planning on it now. For starters, people only send those out to get money, and I don't know any rich people so why bother? And 2nd it IS a great accomplishment and all, but lets face it, the Bachelors degree is the new high school diploma. Send me an announcement when you get your masters or doctorate and then I'll be impressed. While some saps will be crying on graduation day, I'm going to be giving everyone high-fives yelling "See ya later suckers!! I'm going to actually START my life and get married while the rest of you wonder 'now what?'. PEACE!!"

In more exciting news... Me and Spence signed a contract for our new studio apartment and on top of that we should be getting our wedding rings soon. I feel like a kid playing grown-up. It's unreal. Oh and the job at the hospital that I thought I didn't get, called me back and said they wanted to interview me again! Fingers crossed!! Also I'm very excited to announce that my sister Amelia had a baby!! After 3 boys she finally had a little girl and they named her Lillian Marie Hoggan. I get to see little Lilli this weekend and I'm so excited to pinch those fat, fat cheeks. She looks just like me when I was born! Also yesterday Spencer and I (but really just me) made homemade margarita pizza and homemade salsa and it was delish! The store ran out of salsa so I thought, why not make some! I included the recipe at the bottom. It super easy and so good!

The Festival of Colors



Lilli!


And did I mention The Hunger Games was AMAZING! 



Sadly, no picture of the salsa. But here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

  • 1- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
  • 1- 10 oz can orginal Rotel
  • 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
  • 1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded or not (depends on how spicy you like it)
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • small to medium size handful of cilantro, washed
  • juice of 1 lime

All you do is throw it in a blender or food processor and voila! Just a note: The Rotel and diced tomaotes I used were not "original," they had lime juice and cilantro in them so that way I didn't have to buy either of those. Also, I only did 1/2 a jalapeno and it was pretty freakin' spicy, and I like spicy but I also like to eat a ton at once. Next time I think I'll just use 1/4 of a jalapeno. AND this is a runny salsa so if you like your salsa chunky then don't blend up the Rotel and tomatoes and add that in after you blend. Enjoy!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment