photo about_zps64129397.png photo lovestory_zpsf2d661db.png photo FAQ_zps13d72d35.png photo DIY_zpsd427438c.png photo fashion_zps03e55e29.png photo food_zps59fe299b.png photo contact_zpsc08b3980.png

Thursday, January 22, 2015

2015 WILL GO DOWN AS THE YEAR I FELL IN LOVE WITH WORKING OUT


I wanted to get this posted on Tuesday but work has been so crazy. Yes, I've had to actually do work at work, instead of blogging. Hard life. Today I wanted to talk a little about 2015. Ooooh 2015. How I've waited my whole life for you! Like I mentioned last post, I have some goals/resolutions that I have set out to accomplish this year, as well as thing that will be happening in 2015 that I'm excited about. Today I'm only going to talk about the main one: FITNESS. Everyone and their mom says they are going to get in better shape and eat better at the beginning of every year. Heck, I said that last year. And although people roll their eyes when you say it, there is nothing wrong with striving for something even after you fail. This year however is different. It's one thing to say you want to get in better shape, but it's so hard to actually implement a plan to do it. The reason why I know this year is different is because I've actually started on this journey back in November. In September I finally got a new gym membership since we moved away from the Provo Rec Center. Even though I had the pass, I still didn't have the tools or the drive to be consistent. I really just had to find the thing that was going to get me to the gym and by gum I found it! The big thing for me was accountability. One of my best friends also happened to have a membership to the same gym and also felt like she had gotten out of shape and, like me, really wanted to get her dream body. Finding a gym partner was key in getting me to the gym!  Without her I didn't have anyone saying "k gym today?"

The other issue I would run into, is after working an 8 hour day, I'd come home and once my sweats were on and I was on the couch, the last thing I wanted to do was get in my gym clothes and go out into the cold. That's when I overcame my 2nd hurdle. I was no longer allowed to go home between the gym and work. I had to go straight there after or I knew I wouldn't want to leave the house.

The last hurdle for me was having a plan, and knowing how to work out properly for the body type I wanted. At my old gym, I generally would go to their Insanity class twice a week. Which was a great workout, but I needed more than just cardio, and I needed to go more often to get the results I wanted. Weight lifting was never something I did, except for back in high school when I was on the volleyball team. This is mostly because the machines at the gym always seem so overwhelming to me and I hate wandering around and looking at the pictures and instruction to figure out which machine does what, and then embarrassingly trying to adjust them for my small stature.

Now Aubrey and I have a set schedule where we do a lower body workout on Tuesday, upper body on Wednesday, a spin class on Mondays and Thursdays (our new favorite thing), and then Saturdays we do our own thing (I'll probably do cardio and more ab work). That's right people! Add it up! 5 days a week this lady is going to be/has been working out. Never in my life do I remember working out that much, and let me tell you it has changed my life. Maybe it's just the combination of all the things above, but man have I fallen in love with working out. I have finally found the one thing that was missing; passion and drive. Before working out was such a chore. Now of course if I could just have an insanely hot body without lifting a finger, you would find me on the couch with Netflix all-day-ur-day, but now when I go I'm excited. I'm excited about the body I'm going to have, about the habits I'm going to form, and about the self-esteem and confidence I'm going to get back. I think a lot of you can agree that at the end of the day all we dream of is looking in the mirror naked at ourselves and being able to say,"Dayuuum girl! You lookin goooooood!"  

One thing I've said many times is that I work out so that I can eat what I want. This still holds true but I'm also trying to develop better eating habits. As most of you know Spencer and I did Whole30 last year and even though it was hard, it was really rewarding and I felt so much better. Now, Whole30 isn't a realistic lifestyle for most people, and it's definitely not meant to be a lifestyle either. More of a jumping off point and a way to evaluate your eating habits and make you more aware of what you're putting in your body. Last week Spencer and I started a pseudo Whole30. We are trying to be about 80% Whole30 throughout the week. Even though sometimes I want to pull a Regina George and say "Screw it, I'm getting cheese fries," it really has helped me expand my recipe base to find new healthy alternatives. 

Another thing that has helped me is following amazing fitness and clean eating accounts on Instagram. There is no better way to be reminded why I need to go to the gym, since Instagram is something I look at multiple times a day. Here are a few of my favorite ladies that help me stay motivated to get the body I want: 

@alexandrabring


@iza_goulart


@carolineroxy 


@kayla_itsines


There is nothing more inspiring then seeing these ladies faces everyday when I open my Instagram account! For the first time ever I'm so excited for the results I'm going to achieve through hard work, and not just the results that I'm wishing for from the couch. Another thing this eating right/exercising thing is doing for me, is helping me curve my Diet DP addiction... I mean love not addiction. Addiction implies I have a problem! ;) But now I'm only drinking one about 2-3 times a week. Which is a huge improvement from 1-2 times a day! 
Anyway I can't tell you how excited I am about this journey I'm on and getting excited about it is half the battle! Lastly I'll share the link to the recipe that so many of you were asking me about from my Instagram. I don't like red meat so this was my first time incorporating it in a meal so that Spencer could have some. My friend Laci pinned this forever ago but the link didn't go to any recipe so I scoured the internet until I finally found it here. I took this picture from the website because it's much prettier than my version! Enjoy! 




 photo Siggy2_zps990caef6.png

1 comment:

  1. Thatta girl me too I just made a fitness plan we can do it!!

    ReplyDelete