photo about_zps64129397.png photo lovestory_zpsf2d661db.png photo FAQ_zps13d72d35.png photo DIY_zpsd427438c.png photo fashion_zps03e55e29.png photo food_zps59fe299b.png photo contact_zpsc08b3980.png

Thursday, January 16, 2014

I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MAKEUP SO LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MAKEUP


Remember when I said I didn't know anything about makeup? Well guys, can I just say what a difference it makes when you're wearing the right foundation for your face AND you buy high quality makeup. Who knew that drug store makeup was sometimes sub-par? Everyone? Oh, Ok. Well yesterday I made a trip to Sephora and Victoria's secret to buy some new makeup. As I walked into Sephora, I immediately became overwhelmed, and then even more overwhelmed when I looked at the prices. Ok $40 for a makeup brush... that seems fair. So obviously I immediately walked out and headed straight to Vicki's. For a while now I've used Victoria's Secert bronzer and I've loved it (3Victoria's Secret Baked Mineral Bronzing Powder). My drugstore bronzers just weren't stacking up. While I was there sampling and applying everything under the sun, I discovered a hidden gem: (4Victoria's Secret VS PRO Airbrush FX Perfecting Primer. It was like rubbing a cloud wrapped in a marshmallow that was covered in baby bottoms, all over my face. Just go ahead and visualize that for a minute. I've never been a primer user, but lately I have found that my face gets pretty shiny half way through the day, which I've been attributing to the outrageously thick lotion I slather onto my face every morning, which probably doesn't give my makeup a good foundation to stick to. But being that my skin is ridiculous dry (yet also greasy? WTF?), I have to have something on it after washing my face, and this primer is the missing link! Baby butt marshmallow clouds people! 

Next, I went back to Sephora and walked around for what felt like 7 hours, wishing I had Lauren Curtis (my favorite make-up Youtuber) with me to guide me on my make-up journey/nightmare. I believe for the most part that mascara and eyeliner are he same everywhere so I decided to save that for my grocery store run and find a nice powder. Once again this made me realize that quality makeup is sometimes worth the splurge, because when I touched that Sephora face powder (Sephora Collection 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation), it felt like pure silk! When I brought it up to the counter I remembered that I had 3 different shades of bronzers, 2 different eye shadows, and a handful of illuminaters and primers on my face (thanks, sample products) and I'm sure the lady who rung me up was thinking I needed a lot more help with makeup then I led on. 

15 minutes later I'm at Smith's looking for foundation and Googling how to fugure out if my skin is a warm, neutral, or cool tone(?). Surprise! I'm a warm, and therefore have been wearing the wrong color this whole time. Which makes sense because my face is extremely red/pink and I was wondering why my foundation wasn't surpressing that. Oh no worries, it was just highlighting that. Things I also Googled while there (I was there for a while): "top 10 drugstore foundations," "top drugsore lip sticks," "how to match skin tone to makeup," and "Did Brandi Glanville ever find her dog on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills?" Also, most of the lists I found of top drugstore foundations used by the pros has (2) L'Oreal True Match Foundation on it, which I highly recommend and they have a billion different shades and undertones! 

I'm so pumped to start using my new makeup but the real treat I got was from the other people on the cosmetics isle. First up was an annoying Provo couple who were wrapped in each others arms and the girl kept saying things in this awful baby voice like "You just have the cutest little face I've ever seen," (to her man of course, not me). This was followed up by a girl on the phone next to me whose one-sided conversation went as followed: 

"I got the paternity test back and he's Parker's father."
(pause for response)
"No I'm not going to tell him" 
(pause for response)
"No he's white"
(pause for response)
"Well he's in jail for his own stupid mistakes"

Let's all say a prayer tonight that Parker grows up to be a well adjusted adult.   

And as a bonus... as I get in my car to go home, I see the overly-affectionate couple leaving Smith's in a lip lock. Literally I think they were super glued together because they didn't break and I'm not sure how they could even tell where they were going. By the time I got in the car and had made it to the exit, I looked back and they were still walking and kissing... thus winning them my "eye roll of the week" award. 

Well the letter T on my work computer broke, so I had to go back and put missing T's through out this whole post, so I hope your "hursday" is going better than mine. Ciao! 


 photo Siggy2_zps990caef6.png

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! My name is also Ashley. I just found your blog, and it's darling. You are hilarious! So I just started reading it today, and the first post I saw was about you wanting a cure for acne, and then I read in this post that you say your skin is dry yet oily. Well I just have to tell you- I HAVE THE ANSWER FOR YOU!!! I just started using the oil cleansing method, and it has worked wonders for me. I have oily/dry skin too, and the thought of putting oil on my face made my skin crawl at first, but I am in awe at how much my skin is loving it. Google "oil cleansing method" and read all about it! Most people that think they have oily skin actually have dry skin, and their skin is overcompensating and then producing more oil, causing zits. The oil cleansing method works because oil dissolves oil. The reason that there's no cure for acne is because the skin care industry doesn't want there to be! Dermatologists would be out of business and so would skin care lines! All of these products we are putting on our faces are just confusing it and making it angry. I promise that these all natural ingredients are the way to go. Anyways, I just had to tell you, because it's changed my life, and I've only been using it for 2 days so far. Again, adorable blog! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete