photo about_zps64129397.png photo lovestory_zpsf2d661db.png photo FAQ_zps13d72d35.png photo DIY_zpsd427438c.png photo fashion_zps03e55e29.png photo food_zps59fe299b.png photo contact_zpsc08b3980.png

Friday, June 14, 2013

PARADE OF HOMES: PART 1

So because I already have so many pictures and we have only seen a little less than half the houses in the Parade of Homes, I decided I needed to upload some of my highlights so far. 
This first house was our "Dream House" (so far), although it could have used a pool and an indoor basketball court.
^^ An open layout is by far my favorite and the space was so inviting. 
^^The dark hardwood floors were to die for. And look at the molding/paneling they have on the walls! Insane details!
^^This was in the basement of the house and they had these cool shelves with lights and a wallpaper backing. 
^^This was the basement kitchen right outside the home theater. Spencer was just playing around with the sweet stove top. 
^^Theater room
^^The backyard had a hot tub, water feature, and cool fireplaces. 
^^ And the doors!!! Oh lets talk doors! Double french doors are a MUST in my future house! 
^^Look at the detail in this bathroom door! Amaze-balls!
^^This mirrored barn door going into the theater was also breathtaking. 

Sadly I didn't get a picture of any of the rooms or of the kitchen in the Dream House because they had a not picture sign and I had to only take pictures where I could sneak them. Anywho, enjoy the rest of the pictures! 
^^That fridge and those lights!
^^Loved the sliding barn door, but it was weird that such an extravagant door was given to the laundry room. 
^^Emerald is the color of 2013. Oh didn't you know each year had a color? Well it is, and it is to die for! I even painted a chair this color recently. It's so rich and vibrant and I love it paired with black or navy. 
^^Ceiling envy!
^^Remember my last post and how I said metal (especially in the pipe form) is sooooooooooo in right now?
^^The view from one of the houses.

^^I want this night stand! 
^^I almost tried to fit this table in my purse. It was a work of art. It's hard to see in the picture but it looked like an exquisitely, glossy chess piece. 



 ^^This stubby horizontal wood flooring was really big this year, as was bamboo flooring. 
^^This home was NOT in the parade of homes but it was next door to one of them and it was gaudy and awful. Right down to that monstrous water fountain behind that skinny tree in the front. 
^^Right now I am in the process of making a little "dry" bar for Spencer and I at our house. 
^^Those cute side doors by the fireplace led to the cutest dining room. 
^^Enter the cute dining room. The picture doesn't do it justice but it had such a cute beachy feel with the shell chandelier and the wood chairs and table. 

 ^^This sun room/living room had gorgeous views, but Spencer and I weren't impressed with the rest of the house. 
^^I loved this island/bar combo. It's so huge!


 Now enter the collage of trends: 
^^Bold wallpaper
^^Exposed cupboards. This is a great trend because it allows you to show off any nice china you may have and it forces you to have organized cupboards. Take note though that none of these houses had ALL exposed cupboards. You just need a few to show off the good stuff.
^^I really liked the 2 sinks on the left, and then I was obsessed over the tile on the wall to the right. 
^^And if you all read my last post, you know how much I adore lighting! I think 40% of the pictures I took were of lights I loved. Haha, dorky much? But seriously how awesome are those. 

Well that's it. Most of the homes here were the mid-range homes. Can't wait to hit up some of the more expensive ones this weekend! I'll makes sure to take more pics with my crappy camera phone for you! 
Until next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment