photo about_zps64129397.png photo lovestory_zpsf2d661db.png photo FAQ_zps13d72d35.png photo DIY_zpsd427438c.png photo fashion_zps03e55e29.png photo food_zps59fe299b.png photo contact_zpsc08b3980.png

Friday, October 12, 2012

things that can go and things that can stay

There are a lot of things I am sooooooooooo over, and there are some things that I just can't get enough of these days. So here is a list of 5 of each by your's truly!


THING THAT CAN GO:

I've been seeing a lot of bum cheeks lately, and here is the culprit. Number one on our list: 

1. High waisted, cut-off, jean shorts 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say VERY few girls can even pull this off. And that doesn't necessarily include those who can afford Forever 21 or DIY themselves a pair. Thanks for stopping by this summer, jean shorts. Feel free to move along. Thnx. 

Pinned Image  Pinned Image

Speaking of no clothes this summer, I never thought I would see the day when the belly shirt came back in style, but if you've walked into a Pac Sun in the last 10 minutes, you know that all you're going to get are shirts that are too wide and too short. Which brings us to number 2:

2. Belly shirts

     Glamour Kills Girls Idol Worship Cap Sleeve Crop Top



Is it just me or are the above 2 trends outright proof that the 80's are back! Those who lived it regret many of those photos, lets not repeat our mistakes! 


3. The Platform and The Heel-Less Bootie (need I say more)

    

4. Taking vain pictures of yourself repeatedly 

You think they are hot, we think they are ridiculous. And the best is when these girls put the cheesiest captions like "Be sexy. Be true. Be wild. Be you" or "What makes you different, makes you beautiful." Who are you trying to uplift? Because clearly you have enough confidence to feel a large stadium. People who know they are beautiful don't need to take pictures of themselves... they actually have FRIENDS that can do it for them. You do have friends you say? Then why are you the only one in all your pictures? Now I'm not knocking a vanity picture every once and awhile. I have a few myself  from back in the days, but the non-stop bombardment or self-absorption is getting out of hand ladies. 

 


5. Internet harassment 

Recently I was on Amber Fillerup's blog barefootblonde.com. If you've never been on her blog it is FAB and she is gorgeous so I'm not surprised people hate her! haha. She recently posted a simple fashion post and mentioned that she was voting for Mitt Romney (which has now been deleted). You can not believe the amount of "Anonymous" hate comments she got in a matter of minutes. Some saying she was only voting for him because he was mormon, some saying she was an idiot for voting for someone who hates women, and one just said "Die." It was appalling! It's funny how easy it is for people to throw around the word "ignorant," especially during an election season. I've noticed too while watching Youtube videos, commenters who don't even know eachother break into text fights. It's easy to call people names or make yourself look like a political know-it-all when you are hiding behind a screen and not divulging your identity. And it's even worse for teens! My 13 year old niece use to get the meanest comments from girls on her FB page. I am so glad Facebook wasn't around in my teen years. However if someone attacks me first or someone I love, I always take a little pleasure in dishing it back. I mean we ARE girls after all! 

 

THINGS THAT CAN STAY:

1. Loafers

I'm so happy these grandma shoes are back in style. I had a pair of pink ones I got at a thrift store in high school and I loved them! I want a pair in leopard so bad!

        Loafers loafers loafers


And while we are on the subject...

2. Leopard Print

Pinned Image Pinned Image
  Pinned Image
   (Your's truly in her new white leopard pants)


3. Instagram

Seriously I'm obsessed. I check it more than Facebook, Twitter, and my email combined. I love pictures. And for all those who whine about all the food pics on Instagram... get over it! Food is yummy and beautiful and I've discovered great places to eat by other people's pictures. Stop complaining about the food pictures and start deleting your cleavage, and under age drinking pictures! haha. 


4. Studs

I love that studs have made their way from punk to chic. As most of you know I got a studded iPhone case and I absolutely love it! Stud everything!!!!!

Pinned Image Pinned Image
Pinned ImagePinned Image

5. Gel/Shellac Nails

There IS a God in heaven... because finally we can get a manicure that instantly dries and doesn't chip 3 days later. If you don't know what gel nails are, then I'm going to forgive you by assuming you were kidnapped and forced to live in a cult, or have been doing charity work in Africa for the last 5 years and had no access to the internet or a salon. I don't know what it is about that box of UV magic, but I'm indebted to it. Although... I will NEVER get over the feeling of walking out of the salon and being extra careful not to touch anything because my nails are wet. It's an instinct women are born with. 

 Pinned Image
(my last gel nails )                                                          (my next endeavour - black outline!)



Any trends you guys would like to see go? Happy friday!!!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the loafer look & want some in leopard print too!!! I always always find them....but they are never my size :(
    & I wish I had instagram.
    & one day I will get shellac nails.

    ReplyDelete