photo about_zps64129397.png photo lovestory_zpsf2d661db.png photo FAQ_zps13d72d35.png photo DIY_zpsd427438c.png photo fashion_zps03e55e29.png photo food_zps59fe299b.png photo contact_zpsc08b3980.png

Friday, September 28, 2012

'tis the season

Fall is here and do you know what that means... Halloween! I recently talked to someone who moved here from Washington and she said she had never lived in a state that went all out for Halloween until she moved here, and she immediately felt pressured to decorate her house for it. Halloween and Christmas tie for my favorite holidays. It helps that it also symbolizes the start of my favorite season (fall)! So yesterday I was all too excited to go buy some decorations. First I went to my Holiday Pinterest and picked out the crafts I wanted to do this year. I picked the following: 

Pinned Image    Pinned Image
Pinned Image  Pinned Image
Pinned Image   Pinned Image

So starting from the top... The glitter pumpkin in this picture was made using a styrofoam pumpkin, but I'm afraid that would catch fire so I'm thinking about using some small gourdes  We will see. The ghosts I plan on hanging from our balcony, which I've already draped some fake cobwebs from. I made the mummy pumpkin last night which look slightly different: 


I made sure to use a super scary filter on my iPhone camera if you couldn't tell. I painted the eyes because I used large pumpkins, and I don't think they make googly eyes that big. The pumpkin above was wrapped in bandage wrap which can get really expensive, but I found this bloody cloth at the dollar store and thought it would work perfectly. I'm still deciding if I want to paint a mouth.   

I saw those candy corn bottles a while ago and a friend of mine made some so I thought I would take a crack at it. Of course he is gay-fabulous so mine probably will look 1/2 as good. In the next picture I'm going to make the bat tree by finding twigs outside and spray painting them black. Then I'll cut out bats from crate paper and hang them and put the twigs in a vase that is already sitting on my mantel. 

Last night I went to 2 different dollar stores. I highly recommend going there for crafting needs first because they actually have some great things. I even bought one of those glitter skulls that have been floating around Pinterest. I wanted to make one but when I found this I bought it instead because it was only $3 and the skull+ spray paint +glitter would have been more than that. I also got a skeleton garland that I hung on the mantel as well. My favorite find though was a wreath hanger! Dumb I know but I want to make a wreath for every holiday and wreath hangers are like $14 at Walmart. Such a steal! 

On another note: 

For my graduation present my sister Emilee got me this iPhone case full of my favorite instagram pics of Spencer and I. I can't wait until it comes in the mail!!


And lastly here are the 2 Pinterest recipes I tried this week: 

Homemade Baked Mozzarella Sticks
These were super easy and good. They aren't fried so they aren't going to be as crunchy as your normal fast food style but the trick is to freeze the cheese or else it will melt before it browns. I didn't freeze it for that long cause I was impatient! :) You'll find the recipe here. If you want an even healthier alternative try the zucchini version here.  


No Bake Cake Batter Truffles
...Or as Spencer calls them... Diabetes. Haha. They are super good but they are full of sugar. I haven't perfected my dipping skills but the second picture is just about what mine looked like in the end ;). Recipe here.  



Well Spencer will be out of town this weekend so it's a girls weekend! Sleep over at my house! Love ya! Ciao! 





2 comments:

  1. I read your blog and post comments because I LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that was a pretty lame comment but I will overlook it.

      Delete