photo about_zps64129397.png photo lovestory_zpsf2d661db.png photo FAQ_zps13d72d35.png photo DIY_zpsd427438c.png photo fashion_zps03e55e29.png photo food_zps59fe299b.png photo contact_zpsc08b3980.png

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

BOOK WORM

Did you miss me world? Don't answer. Of course you did. Now I should be posting about Lake Tahoe, but that would require me to upload and edit pictures so maybe I'll get around to it in 5 or so months. Today I'd like to talk about books. The internet is full of endless (and mindless) wonders, so I had forgotten for a while that I can read in my spare time... like books. Actual paper books, and not articles I find on Facebook saying "Click here to see how this father reacted when his son walked for the first time" and other similarly riveting pieces.

I recently got a library card, which I haven't had since high school when I checked out (and immediately lost) The Chronic album (sorry Dre), which technically we can consider this the last time I actually "paid" for music. Thanks a lot Millcreek library! But I stuck it to them by leaving to college with about $6 in unpaid fines. I'd like to share a few books I've read, am reading, and want to read. And in exchange, please leave me some suggestions of books I'd like. If I don't like said book, I'll be de-friending you on Facebook indefinitely so don't take this task lightly.

Gone Girl:


Also know as "what the hell did I just read?" I just finished this book while in Tahoe and it seriously is amazing. And if no one has ruined the end for you (or if you haven't ruined the end for yourself by skipping to the middle of the book to answer your pressing questions) then you are in for a suspenseful, thrilling, and twisted treat. As unbelievable and slightly messed up as the ending is, it truly is perfect and couldn't have ended any other way and still fit with the characters. The book is also really well written and makes me want to own a thesaurus. The movie is coming out Oct 3rd starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike and I'm so pumped! If you don't like to read go see it in theaters. 

*Disclaimer: If you can't handle swearing and a little crudeness, put this one back on the shelf. 















The Fault in Our Stars: 


I read this right before the movie came out and if you have a vagina, you really can't go wrong with young love/cancer books. I may or may not have seen the movie three times already. This was the first and only book that made me cry, but I was also mad at Spencer the day I finished it so who knows what the tears were really for. 

*Disclaimer: You will have unrealistic expectations of what your husband/boyfriend should be like after reading this. And also be aware that no teenagers of today's world actually have this wide of vocabulary.
















The Maze Runner:


I read this one a while ago but I'm posting it because the movie is coming out in just a few weeks. I really loved this book. I'm all about sci-fi/Ray Bradbury type stuff. This book is actually a series and although I loved each individual book, I wasn't a huge fan of the end. Like the end END. I just felt like the third book could have had a more fulfilling ending but don't let that scare you from reading them. They are still very entertaining. The only problem I can see with making this a movie is that you get basically zero answers at the end of the first book. I'm sure they will incorporate some of the answers from the second book in order for it to make sense. Apparently they are only going to make the second book into a movie if the first movie does well. 

















The Lost Symbol:


Yikes guys... just yikes. This book literally took about 5 months to finish, with a combination of checking it out from the library twice, and reading it online. I loved The Da Vinci Code, and Angels and Demons, but Robert Langdon's third adventure is a little harder to get through and wasn't as riveting. I read the first two books in about two days so that should say something about how they differ. The next book is called Inferno. I've heard it's better than this one, but still not as good as the first two. For now I think I'll take a Dan Brown break and save Inferno for sometime in the distant future.

















Bossypants:


This is the book I'm currently reading. This might as well be written by Liz Lemon. I think they are one in the same. I'm only a few pages in and her biogrpahy already has me laughing out loud. Tina Fey has the funniest perspective on things and tells it like it is. If you don't like to read, just get on Netflix and watch 30 Rock. Seriously though... she is a brilliant comedian and writer. 



















Now here are a few books that I have on my radar and just might be up next in the queue for me: 

Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell 
Winger by Andrew Smith
Phsycos by Babe Walker (the follow up book to White Girl Problems which was freaking hilarious) 
Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury (for Halloween maybe?)
Lost Boys by Orson Scott Card 
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
The Archives by Victoria Schwab



Please feel free to leave me any other suggestions! 




 photo Siggy2_zps990caef6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment